The Brisbane Southwest Support Service is a formal partnership between four specialist sexual assault support and prevention services to provide free, confidential, culturally appropriate services to women and young women who have experienced sexual violence, and their families in the Brisbane Southwest Region.
The Brisbane Southwest Support Service provides the following support services:
- Information, support and counselling following any form of sexual violence or sexual abuse;
- Advocacy and information on reporting to the Police and navigating the legal system, including criminal justice proceedings;
- Therapeutic support groups and workshops for survivors of sexual violence;
- Information for supportive parents, families, partners, and allies;
- Community education and prevention activities; and
- Professional training for workers / services on best practice in responding to sexual violence.
Zig Zag works with young women aged 12 – 25 years within the Brisbane Southwest Support Service.
Where: Richlands Community Centre, 57 Old Progress Road, Richlands
Bookings: To book an appointment with a Zig Zag counsellor at Richlands, please call Zig Zag on 3843 1823
Our partner organisations at the Brisbane Southwest Support Service are:
- Brisbane Rape and Incest Survivors Support Centre (BRISSC) for women and their supporters
Telephone – 07 3391 0004.
- Immigrant Women’s Support Service (IWSS) for women from migrant and refugee backgrounds
Telephone – 07 3846 3490.
- Murrigunyah for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Women and their Families
Telephone – 07 3290 4254.