As the managers of a number of transitional accommodation properties, we are unable to respond to issues and events that we are unaware of. Hence, we very much welcome feedback and complaints particularly regarding disturbances of the peace in the neighbourhood.
The Neighbourhood Complaint Form was developed to make it easier for neighbours of, and tenants in, Zig Zag properties to provide direct feedback and information about things they have witnessed, heard or have concerns about. This information is able to be submitted online and anonymously.
Please understand the following:
- Where you are concerned about your own safety or the safety of others, or the disturbance involves the commission of an offence, Zig Zag strongly encourages you to call the Police on 000.
- The Neighbourhood Complaint Form is only for use in making tenancy-related complaints (e.g. excessive noise). It is not part of Zig Zag’s tenancy management role to respond to personal grievances and disagreements.
- Zig Zag is bound by the Residential Tenancies and Rooming Accommodation Act (QLD) 2008. This legislation defines the rights and responsibilities of both tenants and landlords and our tenancy management workers respond within the bounds and limits set out in this legislation.
- Zig Zag is also bound by the Information Privacy Act (QLD) 2009 and so is unable to discuss the circumstances of our tenants, or our interaction with them, without their express formal consent. This is the law and is non-negotiable.
- Please provide your feedback in a respectful manner. Zig Zag is an anti-violence service and does not tolerate any form of harassment, violence or abusive behaviour. Messages and complaints that are abusive toward Zig Zag workers or tenants will not be responded to.