Victim Assistance – Advocacy and Support Worker – Part time, fixed term contract
Zig Zag Young Women’s Resource Centre Inc are now recruiting for a 4 month fixed term, part time position of Victim Assistance – Advocacy and Support Worker within our Sexual Assault Program. The fixed term contract position is for 32 hours per fortnight and is paid at a QCSCA Level 5. Zig Zag offers above Award employment conditions and salary sacrifice is available. This position is expected to commence as early as possible to the 30 June 2022 (with possible extension of contract to 31 December 2023).
The primary objective of the Victim Assistance – Advocacy and Support Worker position is to work collaboratively to deliver high-quality, ethical, responsive, specialist sexual assault support services to young women survivors of sexual violence. This position will provide advocacy and planned support to young women who may be eligible for financial assistance, to prepare their applications for financial assistance through Victims Assist Queensland (VAQ), or other similar assistance programs interstate where relevant.
This position will ensure flexible service delivery at the Camp Hill, Nundah and Richlands service sites to young women who are eligible to apply for financial assistance through VAQ; and outreach assistance through some mobile outreach services as may be required.
Zig Zag employs women only (EEO exempt). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women and women from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants must have a Bachelor degree qualification in Social Work, Social Science, Psychology, Behavioural Science, or other relevant discipline, a minimum of two years’ experience of working therapeutically with women or young people who are survivors of trauma, and a clearly defined practice framework that incorporates intersectional feminist and social justice perspectives. Remuneration is QCSCA Award Level 5 with above award conditions.
We are now seeking Expressions of Interest for this position. Click on the link here: Victim Assistance – Advocacy and Support Worker 2022 to view the position description and selection criteria.
To be considered for the position your Expression of Interest must:–
- Briefly respond to the ‘Essential Requirements’ and each ‘Selection Criteria’ as listed on the Position Description (maximum 2 pages);
- Include a copy of your resume;
- Provide the name and contact details of two referees, preferably one being from your most recent employer. Please ensure that your referees are available to be contacted by Zig Zag prior to submitting your Expression of Interest;
- Be addressed to Stephanie Anne, Manager of Zig Zag and be labelled “Confidential”. If possible please submit your application via email on firstname.lastname@example.org; and
- Be submitted before 9am on Monday 18 April 2022.
For more information about the position please contact Stephanie (Manager, Zig Zag) by email email@example.com.