Due to the high risks associated with the emerging pandemic coronavirus COVID-19, Zig Zag Young Women’s Resource Centre Inc will be implementing temporary changes to our service to support the health and wellbeing of workers, young women accessing our services, and the wider community.
Zig Zag Young Women’s Resource Centre Inc will be temporarily ceasing all face to face support services with young women at our three service sites:
- 575 Old Cleveland Road Camp Hill
- 5/1180 Sandgate Road Nundah
- 75 Old Progress Road Inala
Zig Zag will continue to offer the following remote access support services to young women:
- All counselling and support sessions will be provided by telephone or videoconferencing (zoom) only. Your support worker will be in contact via email or telephone to arrange remote access support and discuss other practical support needed during this time.
- All scheduled group and community education activities will be postponed until further notice.
- For all young women residing in our Supported Accommodation, Zig Zag Housing Support Workers will provide more detailed information and emergency kits, and we will maintain regular contact and support by telephone or videoconferencing (zoom).
Zig Zag’s telephone lines and emails will continue to operate as usual offering information and support to young women and responding to all enquiries and new referrals during business hours 9am – 5pm, Monday –Friday. To contact Zig Zag please call: 07 3843 1823 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
These are temporary prevention measures to reduce the potential spread of coronavirus COVID-19 and we will continue to review and assess our service responses in the coming weeks.
For further information about Coronavirus COVID-19 visit the Queensland Health website: https://www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19
If you have any symptoms (e.g. fever, cough, sore throat, fatigue, difficulty breathing) or are concerned about your health you can contact the following services:
- 1800 020 080 Coronavirus Health Information Line – This line operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- 1300 HEALTH (13 432584) Queensland Health Information Line – This line operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you would like to speak to a Zig Zag worker about these service changes, please contact us on telephone: 07 3843 1823 or email: email@example.com.
Zig Zag Young Women’s Resource Centre